Duke Biology Department’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism (IDEA) Graduate Committee was created by Duke BioGrads for Duke BioGrads. Previously known as the Biology Diversity and Inclusion and/or DEI committee, this committee aims to support the BioGrad community by hosting events and advocating for policies that promote equity and reduce bias.
The IDEA Graduate Committee has a standalone website that compiles their work and resources, as well as outlining their mission statement and structure. Their website can be found at https://sites.duke.edu/biodiversity/.
You can also find them on Twitter at @DukeBioDiverse.
2020-2021 IDEA committee membership:
- Brandie Quarles (chair) – email | webpage
- Karla Sosa (founder) – email | webpage
- Allie Schrock – email | website
- Amanda Rossillo – email | website
- Anita Simha (social media manager) – email | webpage
- Danae Diaz – email | website
- Jacob Harrison – email | webpage
- Jonathan Colen (website coordinator) – email | webpage
- Julia Notar – email | webpage
- Ray Allen – email | webpage
- Val Gartner – email | website