- IT Staff in Biology/EvAnth provide support for approved operating systems, productivity suites and e-mail/calendar applications only. Support for third party software (e.g.- research-related software, freeware, self-written programs) is not provided by IT staff.
- The Duke Computer Store sells discounted software which is available to any Duke affiliate. Their web site: http://www.dukestores.duke.edu/cpustore/
Site License Software
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. Visit http://oit.duke.edu/comp-print/software/index.php to see which softwares are available. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at email@example.com.
- The Department of Biology currently has a small number of shared licenses (7 for Mac, 2 for PC) of Sequencher which are available to Biology graduate students, faculty and staff ONLY, this software will only be available through the end the year 2012. To obtain access to this software please submit a help request (https://kbox.duke.edu)
- We are currently encouraging everyone to transisiton to DNASTAR Lasergene (http://www.dnastar.com/t-products-lasergene.aspx). You can obtain this software by going to the OIT Site License website (http://oit.duke.edu/comp-print/software/)
Biology Computing Lab (Room 150 Biological Sciences)
- The computers in Room 150 Biological Sciences Building are exclusive use of Biology staff, graduate students and faculty.
- Equipment: 3 Windows workstations running Windows 7, 3 iMacs running OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), 1 Epson Perfection V750 flatbed scanner (this is a professional photo scanner for picutres, and slides) as well as 1 Fujitsu Scansnap S510 document scanner.
- All of the machines in this room have the Adobe CS4 Design Suite installed as well as specific OS software such as SPSS, Lasergene, Sequencher etc.
- To request software to be added to these machines please submit a help request (https://kbox.duke.edu).
- Print services in Room 150 are handled via ePrint.
- Hours of operation for Room 150 are 8:30am to 5:00pm, but access to it after hours can be obtained by contacting Jo Bernhardt in Room 139D Biological Sciences.
- WARNING! Do not save any data on the machines in Room 150 as changes to these machines are erased upon reboot.
Duke Biology Box 90338 Durham, NC 27708 Phone: 919-660-7372 Fax: 919-660-7293